Jan 2, 2010

The Year In Review

Borrowed these questions from my sister's blog. At the end of these questions is Meredith's Decade in Review, hope you enjoy!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I went on a vacation to Vegas without any family members. I also became an Aunt!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm sure my ones from last year included losing weight (like almost everyone) and keeping my daughter alive. Well, really, I succeeded in both. I definitely kept Olivia alive and continue to do so! :) And I a lost all but 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. Olivia is now 20 months old and I still am carrying around 5 pounds. Therefore, resolutions for this year?....
1. Take off another 20 pounds... ICANDOIT!
2. Keep Olivia alive.
3. Become a better mother, friend, teacher, and all around person.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister, of course. Astoria was born in April. Then, my cousin had a baby in July. My student teacher had a baby in December, so yes, I guess so!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother passed away 2 days after my niece was born. It was very hard but bittersweet. My Grandma left in a time of happiness for the family.

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
I would love to NOT be a homeowner, be divorced, AND financially stable for myself and Olivia.

6. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
My nieces birth, my grandmother's passing, Olivia's first birthday!

7. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I believe I become a stronger person daily, but in a looking glass, I would say I became more independent. I am a single mother who takes it in stride. I also became more of a leader at my school.

8. What was your biggest failure?
All in all, I can't think of something specific (which is good, I think!) but I would say not being/staying organized.

9. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom and dad for putting up with me and O all year and of course my sister and brother in law who became new parents!

10. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Of course this is easy, the ex husband. But in reality, he has stayed a bay, so not as much anger/causing trouble as in the past. Thank you Jesus.

11. Where did most your money go?
Diapers and daycare. Hands down.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning Olivia's birthday was spectacular. And of course, Astoria's birth. The little stink showed up early, but healthy!

13. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a. happier
b. thinner (but not yet content)
c. richer thanks to my own saving

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Read books with Olivia

15. How did you spend Christmas?
Well, Christmas Eve was spent holed up in my house due to a blizzard. But Christmas Day was spent with the immediate family. We were so blessed to all be able to get together.

16. Did you fall in love with 2009?
I wouldn't say it has been the BEST year, but there was not anything I would trade out.

17. What was your favorite TV program?
Ohh...here's the list:
Flash Forward
Grey’s Anatomy
Biggest Loser
Private Practice

18. What did you want and get?
A peaceful and safe year.

19. What did you want and not get?
Winning the lottery of course... oh wait, you have to play to win.

20. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 this year. My family was out of town, so a group of very special friends took me out to dinner.

21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Comfortable with dipping a bit into fashion... if it is comfortable!

22. What kept you sane?
My mom and dad who allowed me to get out of the house regularly. My sister for all of our emails and talks that lasted forever.

23. Who did you miss?
I missed companionship for a long time. It is not really a who, just a thing. It is slowly getting better.

24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a new friend. This friend been a great help to me and Olivia and a welcomed friend into our lives.

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Money does not buy happiness. People do not always bring happiness. Happiness must be found within before ever finding its way out.

Now my life this decade, a recap:
2000:
I was a junior in high school. Life was pretty norm. I was working at a daycare center.

2001: I was a senior in high school. I "graduated" early (in December) so that I could work full time. I had enough credits and didn't feel I needed to be there anymore. ExH and I began dating.

2002: I officially graduated high school. I also moved for the first time to Stillwater to begin college. I lived in the dorm.

2003: I was a sophomore in college, majoring in Elem. Education. I wasn't too fond of college and just wanted to start working. ExH and I were supposed to get married, but didn't. Therefore, I was placed into an apartment with three other girls who were all friends beforehand. I was incredibly scared, but come to find out, they were some of the best times of my college life. Brannon, Alex, and Annie were amazing and strong women.

2004: Junior in college. Brannon and I moved into our own apartment off campus. It was quiet and nice. I was working at the OSU Physical Plant. I LOVED the people there and the friendly hours!

2005: I began my senior year of college. I was chosen to be part of a group of ladies who were able to do an extra semester of student teaching. I student taught at Westwood Elem. in Stillwater; 5th grade. I knew then that I wanted to teach the upper grades! ExH and I got married in November.

2006: I moved to MWC to begin student teaching at Tinker Elementary. I was hired in March!! I officially graduated from Oklahoma State Univ. in May. ExH and I began building our home in April. The house was finished in September. I began teaching 2nd grade at Tinker in August. This was a very busy year!

2007: This year was the hardest of the decade. Andrea and Rex got married in July. I discovered ExH was cheating in September. I also found out I was carrying the best blessing of my life in September, I was pregnant. I was going to be a single mom and it was a blow in the face! Found out I was having a girl in December! I was teaching 3rd grade.

2008: The BEST year of the decade! I became a Mother on May 1. Olivia Rose was born happy and healthy. I was back to teaching 2nd grade. I learned parenting was NOT easy and yet, managed to do it with the help of all my family and friends. I also learned I was going to be aunt!! Began trying to sell the house.

2009: I became an Aunt in April, Astoria Annette arrived happy and healthy! I also lost my grandmother two days later. We celebrated Olivia's first birthday with over 50 people in attendance! I was back to teaching 3rd grade, where I am the happiest. FINALLY received a contract on the house. Therefore, it is pending and I am able to move on with the divorce. I met a special friend in November and this friend has fit into my life and Olivia's very well. It is nice to have someone around who doesn't know the past and who didn't have to live through it.

My goodness... there were some slow years... but the past three have FLOWN by!! This is definitely a decade to remember!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails