Jan 18, 2010

Weekends are hard!

Day 16 and 17..

Weekends are hard to do a daily post. I'm much better during the week. This weekend, even though an extra day was added, went by way too fast. Olivia and I spent the entire weekend together. Friday night I did manage to leave her with a sitter for an hour (then she went to bed) so that I could go enjoy a game night with my friends. I have the best friends ever and am so grateful I am able to get out of the house and have some me time. It is great for late 20-something people to be able to sit around, play card games and eat an abnormal amount of chocolate and hot tamales. :)

Saturday, Sunday, and today it was just the two of us. And man, one of us almost died. Can you imagine which one it was? Hint... around 3pm today, Olivia was done with her 18 minute power nap and wanted to go outside. I did what an responsible Mom would... I put her shoes on her, her coat on, and opened the backdoor. Freeeeeee Spirit!! She LOVED it. She would check in about every 3 or 4 minutes or I would look out the windows. She just walked around the backyard, laughed at the dog, found her sprinkler in the shed, etc. I got at least 30 minutes of peacefulness. Now do you know which one of us almost died? It has been a long weekend. I praise all of you SAHMs... I don't know HOW you do it!!

I also believe her 'eye' teeth are coming in. She has been without these teeth now for far too long. And once again, it brings me back to the 'I'm so glad I don't have an infant anymore' time. She has been a MESS!

Tonight I was delighted to babysit TJ. We had yummy dinner, a great bath time, and fun times! Forget the GIANT blurry spot on the pictures....grrrr... I really thought it was just on the viewfinder until I uploaded and realized it was on the lens!

Have a great week!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails