Nov 2, 2013

Countdown to 30: Day 7

One more week until the big 30! 

The year is 2006/2007. 

That first winter in the house we had snow and lots of it.  We also adopted sweet little Winston.  I remember driving in the ice storm for almost two hours to go pick him up.  Kylie had no clue what to do with the tiny thing chewing one ears.  They had wonderful fun together!

Kylie

Winston     
My first year of teaching flew by super fast.  I was happy and was very happy to continue my love of teaching.


In July of 2007, my sister got married!  She and Rex were a great couple and I was so glad to see her happy and settled!  Andrea and I weren't always the best of friends growing up, we pulled hair, bit each other, scratched each other but we loved each other!

Yep... it was beautiful!
Around this time my marriage was suffering.  It was never a perfect fairy tale relationship, even before marriage.  However, I thought I could change him things and make it the fairy tale I wanted.  I then started to believe that having a baby would make our marriage much happier.  Around August 2007 I got off the pill and we started trying to conceive.  He was still working nights and I was still pretty much living on my own, but I knew a baby would make me us happier. 

September 1, 2007 - I discovered my husband was cheating on me and had been for quite some time.  I knew that I had to leave.  I knew I had to get away.  I knew I had to put my big girl panties on and take charge of my life.  It was the hardest thing I had ever done at that point in my life.

September 7, 2007 - My mom and dad were at my house helping me pack up some things of husbands and I knew I didn't feel very well.  I was crampy, my nose was stuffy.  I thought.. well.. I should probably take a pregnancy test.  Two Lines.  You.Are.Pregnant.  I was pregnant.  I was pregnant with a cheating husband.  I was pregnant and knew I was going to be alone.  (However, in some humor, my dad thought maybe it was something I ate that made the two lines appear. :)

6 Weeks
The days rolled on and I continued to put one foot in front of the other.  The relationship with ex was rocky.  I went through ups and downs of emotions constantly.  I knew I didn't need want him back, but being alone was HARD.  He tried to come back and then he didn't.  Once it was finally set in my own mind that I was NOT taking him back and he wasn't coming back, I was able to look forward to my future and my beautiful growing child.  My family was my ROCK.  Andrea made frequent trips from Dallas to help with court hearings, etc. when my Mom couldn't.  My sister and my mom quickly became my very best friends and I couldn't imagine it any other way.

December 21, 2007 - IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!  Olivia Rose was growing happily in my tummy and I couldn't have been more ecstatic.  I had never thought it was a boy, and was so glad to start buying lots of pink! 

Christmas was definitely different.  It was another emotional wreck for me.  My sister with her new husband, my belly growing, and me just trying to keep one foot in front of the other.  But, I knew that I just needed to get into 2008 and meet my little daughter who had already stole my heart.

Rex and Andrea

Christmas 2007 - 20 weeks


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails