Jan 10, 2014

Advocare Cleanse - Day 4

Today was wonderful!  No cravings, I was not tired, I ran on adrenaline all day.  Wooohoo! 

I woke up to realize I had only lost .2 ounces today.  As much as I know it is not a weight loss fix, it is still sad to see it stabilize.  I'm hoping it picks back up soon!  For the past 19 months I've been fluctuating between 151-153.  I'm glad I've been able to maintain, yet, it isn't where I'd like to maintain.  I'd like to be in my size 6 jeans, and if I can do that at 150lb, then so be it.  Yet, that hasn't happened yet.




Today's Food:
Breakfast - I decided to try the Advocare Meal Replacement Shake today.  I knew I was going to be in the car and didn't know what time I'd be back to my office, so my oatmeal was out of the question.  Oh, and I didn't get up in time to eat it at home. ;)

Review: I am actually VERY impressed!  It wasn't chalky, it didn't taste like protein powder, etc.  And, the best part, I didn't have to blend it with anything to make it taste good.  I mixed it with cold water and then added ice once it was mixed.  I didn't even THINK about being hungry/needing a snack until 11:30am.  I drank the shake at 7:30am.  That made me a believer.  I will keep these in my car and desk at work for just-in-case instances.

Snack - Apple
Lunch - So, I packed a salad for lunch.  Apparently, I need to wash my lettuce... I bit into a big o bite of dirt.  Trashed the salad. So, I ended up eating 1/2 an avocado, grapes, and watermelon for lunch.  Needless to say, by the time dinner rolled around I was HUNGRY.
Snack: Spark and 2oz. almonds
Dinner:  Ohhhemmgeee.  I was so excited to eat that I forgot to take pictures of prep and then there was only one pepper left once I remembered to take pictures of the end product.
I fed 4 adults tonight so I used 5 peppers. 
Recipe:
5 bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 package Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
1 box Far East flavored Quinoa
2 tbl. Worcestershire sauce
1 zuccini cut up very small
1 small can tomato sauce.

Oven to 350.  Make quinoa per box directions.  Cut peppers.  Cook sausage.  Cut up zuke.  Mix together zuke, sausage, quinoa, tomato sauce, and W. sauce.  Spoon into peppers.  I baked at 350 for about 20 minutes and then uncovered for another 15 to get the peppers soft. 

Ohhh, it was deeeelicious!!!!!!  The quinoa is a filler, you can't taste the zuke, so really it is a delicious sausage and savory-tasting dish.  That lone yellow pepper soon went into my stomach.  I ate three halves... yum

Snack:  Right now, I'm eating this.  Half of one of those large, yummy, salty pickles!! 

I know my blog isn't quite so exciting, but I know that I am always looking for people's ideas on the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse, and hope that I can also help other people!

Tomorrow I will show pictures and discuss what I bought to get us prepared for the Cleanse!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails