Jan 8, 2014

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse: Day 1 and Day 2

January 7, 2014 - Starting weight - 155.8.

Yesterday I started the 10 Day Cleanse.  I am an educator and that means I just got down with a 2 week vacation.  Well, really it was a 2 week period to eat whatever the heck I wanted, and I did.

During that two weeks, I went on a Disney Cruise and also ate like a champ.  Can you say bacon every morning, ice cream every lunch, dessert at every dinner, and a Mickey Bar before bed?  Oh yes.  Then, I decided I wasn't quite done when I got home and had every fast food restaurant I had been dreaming of.  Yep.

I weighed 153 when I left for the cruise.  I weighed 156.7 when I got home from the cruise.

Yesterday I weighed in at 155.8 to start the Cleanse.  I have no idea how I even remotely lost anything, I felt like a house and ate like a horse.  But, man, it was DELICIOUS.  Do I recommend a 14 day hiatus all the time?  Of course not.  Did I eat everything without feeling guilt?  Not really, I knew better.  But, I didn't care.  I knew I'd get right back to the gym 3 days a week, starting back on the running train, etc.  So, I didn't dwell.

Let me also say that I do not do the cleanse to lose weight.  I do the cleanse after my eating has gotten out of whack because it truly does help jump start the clean/healthy eating again.  I was even EXCITED to go to the grocery store!  If you didn't see, check my IG (@mneatherlin).. I posted everything I bought.  I work out regularly, 3x a week/60 min sessions and try to get in running on the weekend.  The cleanse is just that, not a miracle diet.  Yes, you'll lose, especially if you eat like crap before starting it.  BUT, there is NO guarantee you won't gain it back.  Hence, me joining Megan's Diet Bet at the same time... it is all about accountability!

I'm going give it my best effort to document what I'm eating, how I'm feeling, etc.  I'm not a regular blogger, so if I fail at it... well, then I failed.  HA.  Oh, and I drink at least 80oz of water a day.  This isn't new for me... I carry a jug with me everywhere and fill my water bottle from it; the only way I keep track of how much I'm drinking.  I've also been keeping a sliced lemon on my desk at work and add a slice to my water each time I fill it up.

Day 1:
Pre-workout: 1/2 avocado, boiled egg
After workout: Fiber drink (go with the peaches and cream flavor) and 1/2 banana
Breakfast: 1/3 cup quick oats, 1 tb. walnuts, cinnamon, 1/2 banana
Lunch: Palm-sized baked chicken breast, boiled egg, one bell pepper (I love bell pepper and could eat them all day... my stomach/gassiness is not a fan.)
Snacks: Strawberries, grapes, blackberries, and one Spark.
Dinner: Shredded chicken with 1/2 avocado, 1/2 c. black beans, and fresh salsa. (My hubs made me two servings of this, so I packed the other for lunch Day 2.)
Late Night Snack: 2 oz almonds

 I should have gotten in more veggies, but I struggle with this.  I don't usually have time to steam veggies at work and I don't really care for reheated steamed veggies from left overs.  Oh, and I forgot to take the very first packet of cleanse vitamins that you're supposed to take at night.. oops.

Day 2: January 8, 2014 - Also first day of Skinnymeg Diet Bet

I was very gassy last night, but that is also what happens when you get back to eating clean (at least for me).  My body is adjusting... no crazy poopness, just gas.

Food Today:

Pre-workout: 1/2 avocado, boiled egg (I'm loving this and it carries me through.)
After workout: Fiber drink and clementine
Breakfast: I was at a campus for longer than expected today, so I didn't get to eat my oatmeal.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Other half of my chicken mixture, blackberries, and strawberries.
Snack: Bell pepper, 2 oz almonds
Dinner: Turkey breast tenderloin from Aldi, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, 1/2 sweet potato
Snack: Apple, cinnamon, and walnuts cooked in a pan till soft and yummy. I was not hungry after dinner.  Therefore, I did not eat!

Today I've been very bloated.  I'm normally ALWAYS a water drinker, but today it took me awhile to get the amount in which caused me to chug a lot.... it may be added air.  It may be the other bell pepper.  It may be the fiber drink - Not sure.  Once again, the cleanse doesn't cause me to have any poop issues, just gets things moving along.  No fear!

I will say that I am super impressed that I've stayed away from any type of carbs (except my fruit, veg, etc.).  If you know me, I'm a bread LOVER.  I'm trying really hard to help cure my craving for these.  That is why I eat almonds... I think the crunch helps with that craving.  I will probably have some sort of grain tomorrow.  I'm not trying to go carb free, AT ALL, just trying to curb the cravings.

See ya tomorrow!  (hopefully)











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails