Aug 22, 2008

Work Work Work

Hello all. I started back to work about two weeks ago. It has been a whirlwind. It has been so hard transitioning from 3rd back to 2nd graders. They are so little and needy. I don't even know what is on my desk or what my chair feels like any longer. Forget any type of lesson plans unless I want to stay at work till 5pm. It is just insane.

Mom has been keeping Olivia. I think she wears Mom out, but Mom is a trooper and an absolute saint for helping me. I couldn't ask for a better caregiver. Love you Mom! The week after next Mom starts a class on Tuesdays, so one of my moms from school, Michel, will start watching O on Tuesdays. I think she will be great with her as well.

I get so sad leaving her. It is also hard when I come to pick her up. She really doesn't want anything to do with me. Which, I am so glad she loves her Nana and is doing so well with her. But I literally see her awake for 3 hours a day. She is asleep when I take her in the mornings and back asleep by 8:30pm. It's so sad. I really cherish my weekends.

Olivia is getting so big. Long gone are the days where you can lay her on the couch and walk away. The child has become mobile. She turns her head and digs her feet into the floor/bed and turns. I NEVER wake up anymore to find her still laying 'normally' in her crib. She is always sideways in her crib now. Mom said she did the same thing on the floor yesterday, moved herself off her play mat. Oy vey.

She is also teething something terrible. We go through at least two bibs a day. Her gum is turning a bit white at the bottom and the other night she was running a fever. Poor thing. She is still a pill to take care of between 7-bedtime. I won't leave her with anyone for awhile with this behavior. It makes me feel terrible and I can't imagine what she feels like. We are lucky to get a peaceful bath.

Yet, I will trade that all in since I am getting wonderful sleep. Like clockwork (assuming we are home and on schedule) she is asleep about 8:30 and doesn't wake up until 5:30am. It's great. And yes, she is in her own crib and has been for quite awhile. I sleep well and I'm assuming she does too.

I can't remember if I put it on my last post or not, but Olivia will be welcoming a baby cousin in April!! I am so excited!! They will be less than a year apart and hopefully will be close even though its a bit of a drive. We can make it happen! I know Mom will be down there tons and once summer hits, we will be on the road too!! Congrats to Andrea and Rex. Love you guys!!

Well, I have put off going to work long enough. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails