Oct 31, 2013

Countdown to 30: Day 9

Looking so young!
I was cool and took selfies back then... with my web cam!  Ha!
















The year was 2004/2005.  I was finally 21!  I could drink and drink and drink!  And... I didn't.  Haha.  See, I have this fear of getting too drunk and throwing up.. so I don't like feeling even remotely close to that, so I am a complete lightweight.  I remember going to The Strip in Stillwater and not being too impressed.

Cheese!
But this is my drink of choice!

I was in my Junior (and entering Senior) year of college.  I was attending the College of Education and pursuing my teaching career.  I had been selected out of a group of people because I was so amazing and it showed to start the student teaching process early.  I taught 5th Grade in Stillwater from August 2005 - December 2005. During that time my sister had started teaching in Texas and I also spent some time in her classroom testing out my teacher voice skills.


Teaching 5th Grade in Stillwater.
Helping at my sister's school.  Little did I know I'd be teaching at this very school in the future!


The year 2005 also marked my engagement and marriage to my first husband.  It was not always a happy time, but it happened, and it should be documented so that you don't think I had a kid with a random man because it was part of my life.

My Granny... she was the most giving and strong woman. 
My sister and me
November 2005



My dad and his tear-jerking speech.
Aww, I love my Mommy and Daddy!
The year 2005 was a busy year.  I was finally finding myself, I was on the path to a great career, I was growing up!  (Can I go back to this year and slap myself around for trying to grow up too fast?)

If you missed Countdown Day 10 you can read it here



2 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

You looked gorgeous at your wedding!

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails