Sep 12, 2009

It has been awhile...

Good day Friends!

So, I have been reading blogs lately.... a lot.... and have finally felt the guilt of not writing on my own! :)

So, I have been back to work a month now. Things are going well in the classroom. I have 16 of my 'old' students who returned to me, so it has been easy to get the year started. I have a student teacher. Sometimes I reflect on my own teaching habits and wonder if I should be teaching someone else. It helps me keep my own attitude in check. She is the complete opposite of me... shy, quiet, and polite. HAHA. I am also coaching flag football for our school's team. It has been great to bond with these kiddos. I also must keep in mind that these are children... they need to know how to respect the sport, have fun, and respect each other. It is NOT the NFL.

I am still holding on to the house, unfortunately and fortunately. I love my home. I would love to live in my home for many more years to come. On the other hand, it is a thorn in my side. It is big... too big for just me and Olivia. I spend more time cleaning it than I do living in it. And, emotionally..... ready to move on. This is now just a living environment to me. The old memories and activities are long gone for me. Yes, Olivia and I are creating our own memories, but it is hard. It has been on the market for 16 months with no promising bites and now trying to rent it. Once again, no serious bites. So, if you have a moment, please pray that God will take care of this situation in His time.

As for Olivia:

The girl couldn't be any cuter. Oh boy is she a handful, but those times are outweighed by her pure sweet personality!
- We are obviously walking.... no, running! Loves to run and when you said "I'm gonna get you...." she takes off the other way, quickly!!
- Loves her baby dolls. We are working on getting her the baby doll sets; highchair, stroller, bed, etc. for the baby dolls.
- She loves to be sung to. Favorites right now are Itsy Bitsy Spider, If You're Happy and You Know It.
- She loves milk. I cannot give her milk with her meal. She will do nothing but drink instead of eat.
- We cat say meow and woof woof. We are working on moooooooo!
- She follows many simple step instructions. "Shut the door, open the door, put it in the trash, bring it to Mommy", etc...
- Last time I weighed her she was 21 pounds.
- She has all four molars. Now just awaiting the 'eye teeth'. Oh yay.
- I really want to be done with diapers at the age of 2. So, we are sitting on the potty anytime we do a diaper change. She has not yet pee'd, but we will take it slow.

Okay.. she is getting restless with mommy sitting here and typing. I shall leave you all with recent pictures!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails